i am thinking my newly finished shawl of the utmost kind is worth all the hours of ripping back, all the piles of laundry left unwashed, all the clan neglect and all the critters full of sorrowful eyes as their ears have gone untickled this past week
i am beyond hippity happy and i am beyond amazed i actually made it.
before i started my shawl it never occurred to me it may be tres tricky to do, i am thinking that is because i live in the world of crocheted rectangles and squares and rarely venture out of my comfort zone, thus i was fooled into a false sense of crocheting security. i must confess even upon finishing my shawl i am still not sure if it was me or the pattern that was the problemo, or perhaps a bit of both. however it does not matter, for what matters is, i gave the old gray cells a bit of an airing, dusted them off, and in return they proved to me there is still life in them yet...
if you would like to crochet such a shawl, you will find the pattern over here, however please note i added an edging along the shoulders by taking row 1 to 6 from the beginning of the individual module pattern, i also dropped down to a hook size 5mm, i added a row of single crochet on the reverse side of the shawl along the bottom edging and lastly but not leastly, i used Madinetosh DK in the colour Antler.