Thursday, October 13

blankets on the brain...

i have several drawers in my little brain 
and within them are stored many things to ponder.
they are labelled and they are quite a nice set of drawers. 
i would not say until the other day they are painted glossy custard yellow,
 but now they are.
for if i cannot achieve a custard yellow cupboard in reality
i can at least have one in my imagination.


one little drawer is labelled 'crafty must makes'
and a few weeks back i opened it.
from out of that little drawer in its fine and dandy coat of glossy yellow
leapt 'fabric lappity lap blankets'
"ah yes" i thought to myself, 
"of course that is where i popped you well over a year ago to keep you safe"
for the first time in yonks i feel like i can stop still,
open these drawers and see what lurks within,
waiting for their moments to shine...
'tis a good feeling.


over the coming weeks with high hopes, 
myself and Miss Ethel,
my adopted auntie and her Mr Bill,
and a pile of vintage and used fabrics
we will be beavering away on 'lappity lap' blankets.
two sizes of course!
one for little critters and small beings
and one for medium beings who perhaps care to share with another,
or perhaps not.


and then when we are all beavered out,
i will hang them in my shop window in a cluster,
for in my little drawer marked 'crafty must makes',
alongside the scribbled note saying "lappity lap blankets"
was a side note saying
"Tif, hang in a cluster, for a cluster of lappity lap blankets
 truly will make your crafty heart beat a little faster"

a 'lappity lap' blanket, this one will live at Mossy Shed for she stole my crafty heart

she has dallied in the yarn aisle whilst her #4 kicked a ball around the soccer pitch with a coach who appears to have lost his watch ~ Tif

16 comments:

donna!ee said...

beautiful lappity laps you have created...inspires me to do the same, but different! thank you so much for sharing :)

Vintage Market Place said...

oh you so inspire me to sit at my sewing machine all day :)

Jacomijn said...

Love the blankets !! Oohhh, you are familiar with coaches that appear to have lost their watches ?!! I'm married to one ! :o) !!!!

Susan Potter said...

just to say that how wonderfully divine your lappity lap blankets sound - I will be keeping an eye out for their appearance in your little shop.

also I am half way through your truly gorgeous book, I normally devour books at a rapid rate - but this one I am savouring like a long sunday afternoon dinner outdoors, surrounded by the most excellent of company and the most basic but tastiest of foods.......

thank you tiff xx

Anonymous said...

nice textiles

AvMeg said...

Hi
Nice blog you have :-)

Daisy said...

Your blankets look gorgeous Tif xxx

Jen said...

oh my heavens.
that lap blanket is just gorgeous. i cannot wait to see when they're in your shop window!
Jen x

Sharon Stanley said...

ooooo these sound fabulicious! and october is the perfect month for a lappity lap bankie!! you are such a crafty muff...can't wait to see these!

naughty shorts! said...

Yummo miss Tif! i am enjoying your book so much. I am a maker myself, but i think that I would love to own one of your blankets, as I think it would be tres special. So I will keep an eye on your shop window. Thanks for all of the inspiration. Love bec x

PeregrineBlue said...

i, too, love the "lappity lap" blanket that you will keep. I adore how you mix fabrics.

i can't wait to get your book.

Littletree Designs // Rebecca said...

I love the oval emboidery hoop with the fabric and lace layers on your wall, so pretty and a fab idea!x

snow white said...

They look gorgeous, what a fine idea. I could certainly do with one of those and what a great name too!

dottie angel said...

much obliged for the lappity lap blanket liking this morning :)

Country Mouse said...

These are lovely! You always seem to find the greatest vintage fabrics! I'm thinking perhaps I should start on a little skirt for my christmas tree or she just may be bare bottomed this year. Keeping fingers crossed I have time to get to it!

carobidules said...

very beautifull things