Tuesday, September 16

tuesday, thirtysomething...

i will be celebrating my last Tuesday of 'youth' by having the crawlspace people in, this is the final stage of 'fixing' for mossy's 'upper' and 'under' bits...samuel whiskers and his friends have been sent packing and with some wire grills, liquid nails and 'a bit of luck' they won't be back for a while. after today, i hope to hear cries of "oooh, mum...my toes are so warm i have to take my five pairs of socks off"...

i am also going to be making a 'first' for me...a peg bag.


i have never attempted such an item but i know it is of the utmost importance, you see dear readers i have 'a little niece' (i actually have an abundance of nieces and nephews but this little niece is my 'one and only' who lives in the states)...she resides with her mother in Colorado and has turned the very important age of three. (oh to be carefree and young again...)
now my sister-in-law lives on a housing estate where one is not allowed to hang laundry out to dry (i paused a while for you to digest this bit of info). indeed i too, for seven years lived amongst such rules...i am not quite sure why this 'rule' exists, i am only guessing it has been put in place so that ones 'nearest' and maybe 'not so dearest' neighbors do not have to deal with the trauma of seeing personal 'bits and bobs' swaying the wind...
i have got so use to not seeing 'undies in the breeze' that now when i peg out my laundry i feel sort of 'risque'...not that i have to worry about stopping traffic with my underpants...quite honestly they have seen better days, my family often comment when we are on a plane or in a boat, "not to worry if something goes wrong, mum's knickers are big enough to hold us all until the emergency services arrive"...

my point i am trying to get to with the 'peg bag' (and failing) is 'my little niece' may never get to enjoy the art of pegging out laundry on a summer's day to watch the sun do it's thing (gulp and even a little sob, i feel wouldn't go a miss)...
until now that is (hurrah!), my sister-in-law is hanging a clothes line in the basement for 'my little niece' to practise the fine art of 'pegging out' with her dolly clothes and yes dear readers, it is a relief that we can all sleep soundly knowing that a 'tradegy' in the 'washing world' has been averted...(i think i am losing it on my last 'Tuesday of youth'...)

she's off to complain on the phone, as the crawlspace people have just announced they are not scheduled today to do my 'uppers', only my 'unders'...why do these things never go to plan? ~ Tif
FOOTNOTE: on second thoughts, i think my 'undies' would stop traffic, not for the right reasons though...

4 comments:

bigbucketgirl said...

No pegging out? No laundry outside!? Wow. Weird! How did you cope?
I caught my breath at the thought of your niece not hanging out laundry in the breeze! Your peg bag will no doubt be divine and suffice her until the rules change!

Good luck with your uppers!

roseroomnz.com said...

Happy last Tuesday of your mis-spent youth! So glad you doing your bit for preserving a little bit of history, the fine art of pegging laundry! It sounds as if you own 'unders' need a little attention. Maybe a little treat to yourself for when you are go over the 'hump', some pretty new traffic stopping 'unders'. Rachaelxo

Rachel said...

I would LOVE to have a peg bag that's made from such feminine and delicate materials. Please show us how you make it!

Journal Swag said...

I LOVE it! I can't imagine making one, but it is gorgeous!